Downtown Sacramento Walking Food Tour-Week of May 9th
Join us on a 3 hour guided culinary walking adventure that walks you through one of Northern California’s most popular destinations. Learn what continues to make Sacramento a unique and delicious city, one taste at a time.
Explore tree-lined side streets, Italianate mansions, historical neighborhood districts and great restaurants all set within a beautiful Northern Sierras backdrop. Our three-hour City of Trees Culinary & Cultural Walking Tour will let you see California’s State Capitol city in a whole new light. Get an insiders look at the can’t-miss eateries and restaurants that only the locals are lucky enough to know about-until now.
By touring the city on foot, whether a visitor or a resident of Sacramento, uncover the hidden gem restaurants and establishments that you just don’t see driving by. Get tidbits of Sacramento’s history while tasting the scrumptious foods that make Sacramento’s culinary scene a regional treasure. Our brand new walking tour led by one of our culinary tour guides; City of Trees, takes you into the heart of Sacramento’s historical neighborhoods. Learn where our state politicians and local foodies dine. You’ll taste farm fresh ingredients that inspire local chefs. Explore our beautiful mansions and their architectural history. Our tour will take you on a gastronomic adventure off the beaten path. Tours are offered throughout the week. Check our event calendar to see available tour dates.
Typical tastings on our tour:
- Spring Vegetable Risotto with spring asparagus and peas paired with local wine
- Authentic Mexican meatball soup with homemade corn tortillas
- Organic, fresh fruit smoothie loaded with vitamins and antioxidants
- Handmade butternut squash ravioli with mushroom Marsala sauce
- Fresh strawberry creme eclair
- Spinach, basil and sun-dried tomato wrap
- Cappuccino brownie with cinnamon creme filling