Asparagus, Black Bean and Jicama Salad. Fresh!
With Asparagus produce coming into the markets and sales showing up everywhere….why not try this amazing salad for your lunch today?
- 1 large jicama, peeled and cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 bunch large asparagus, ends trimmed, peeled, and cut into 1/4-inch pieces on the bias
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Juice of 3 limes
- 3 tablespoons Spanish olive oil
Combine the jicama, asparagus, beans, jalapeno, cilantro, salt, cumin, lime juice, and olive oil in a nonreactive bowl, toss and serve. Adjust the seasoning, if necessary.