Chevre and Porcini Mushroom w/ White Truffle Oil Zucchini Boats
Gardens are bountiful with zucchini this time of year. Zucchini can be used in many amazing dishes; appetizers, entrees, soups, desserts, drinks….you name it….it is a very universal vegetable and here is one more way to put it to good use in your kitchen!
- 3-4 medium/small sized zucchini
- 1 cup Chevre cheese or similar artisan cheese
- 1 cup porcini mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 to 2 tsps white truffle oil
- 1 tbsp jalapeno, finely diced
- 1-2 tbsp each of finely minced fresh green onion/parsley (or whatever you feel like)
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 350.
Slice each zucchini in half, and hollow out the seeds with a spoon. Place on a baking sheet, drizzle with a bit of salt, pepper and oil. Place in oven for about 15 minutes, or until zucchini is tender, but not overcooked.
Take out of oven to let cool a bit and prepare cheese mixture.
Sautee mushrooms and jalapeno, until mushrooms have softened. In a medium bowl, add goat cheese, mushroom mixture, fresh herbs and salt and pepper. Mix and spoon into the zucchini boats.
Pop on your broiler, and broil until the goat cheese is melted.
Recipe could be used on the grill as well with some amazing results. Enjoy!